Thread: G-Men weapons
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 09:12 PM

I meant to say Offical Police, I was confused there.

As for the Heavy Duty, S&W manufactured upwards of 40,000 of them. Surely, a Southern sheriff who is buying his own gear would have aquired one.

And that is my idea with the BAR, that the hit squad wacked a British diplomat with enough firepower to overwhelm his security detail, that necessitates breaking the BAR out of the arms locker.

Now, not sure how much fact behind the series as the whole, but the specific guy talking about it looked credible as hell, stated the the Thompson, in a M-1928 configuration wasn't removed from service with the FBI until the '70s. Further more, my thinking with that version is the Agent using it will have had experience with it before, either during Prohibition or WWII, and will something along the lines of:
"Now, the drums are crap to carry, but having 50 rounds to begin a gun fight ain't all that bad of a proposition."

Further more, having read several articles on the matter, I'm inclined to belief that the Super .38 was rather popular in the '30s, especially with firearms guys. Hell, it's flat shooting, hard hitting, runs in the Government Model platform, and you carry one more in the mag. I could see the gun guy carrying a Super .38