View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 05:47 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I don't see ads on the front page because I'm logged in most of the time. Do you have a link to the guns.com article?

Zackmann08's user page doesn't appear to list any of his "credentials"--what are they, exactly?

As for my definition of "hit it big," I thought there would have been a large surge of user activity on the wiki with no quiet periods, which hasn't apparently been the case. Of course, low activity on the forum means there aren't things like flame wars or the like, which could come if enough people register here.

A real sign for "hit it big" would there to be enough users to have let the previously proposed wiki upgrade be funded. That certainly didn't pan out.
There's a link in the "In the News" section, and when I refer to Zackmann's credentials, I'm referring to media credentials.

I think the upgrade may have been a bit overly ambitious. The site's always depended on the contributions of a core group of content creators, but the fact is, they're the people who actually know what they're doing.

And I'm okay with no flame wars.