View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 03:21 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
I traded off the SIG P220, but I have held onto the SIG P245. When I was issued the Gen 4 G19 in '13 I asked about buying the Gen 3 G19 that I had been carrying since 2006. The Lieutenant said that wouldn't be a problem, but then he turned around and traded it. Oh well. I should be carrying the G45 until I retire; which is tentatively set for 2025 or 2026. The department gifts the retiring officer his/her duty sidearm after having the slide engraved with the badge number and years of service. So I'll be able to have a collection of most of my duty handguns.
That's a pretty good collection. When you retire, build a glass case to display them, and put the dates that you carried them on tags next to each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
I also have a Beretta 92FS as an example of the M9 that I carried in the Army. I don't have an M249, M16A2 or an M4 carbine though.
I'd tell you to get into the clone game for AR builds, but that way lies madness and depleted bank accounts (I know - the clone that I'm building now has set me back more than $3,000 so far).