View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 10:57 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
No but you're being INCREDIBLY MYOPIC. As I stated before, there were plenty of Waffen SS units, especially the Panzer divisions, which fought just like Heer units. There was no difference, especially on the Eastern Front. Don't use the post war condemnation of the SS as proof. Even though the disdain was justified it was still politically motivated. The winners of WW2 really wanted to crush any vestige of the Third Reich into the mud.

You're confusing the SS units who were occupation troops and death camp staff with combat units that fought on the front and you seem to be hysterical about this point. Get over it.
The Waffen SS was declared a criminal organization as well. And in the end, does it matter how they died? If we met a million Taliban troops or IRA troops in battle and killed them all, they'd still be terrorists. I'm talking about a legal distinction. And post war condemnations? They were condemned because we saw what they did. Einsatzgruppen were SS as well. The Malmedy Massacre was Waffen SS. And as I said, Waffen SS took over extermination camp administration starting in 1942, so it WAS them. There's no political motivation for bringing a genocidal regime to justice, it's just the right thing to do. It's political motivation that had the Allies ease up after the Iron Curtain fell. And you say crushing any vestige of the Third Reich into the mud like was a bad thing.