View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 10:28 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
With this though it is just a bottle that someone has attached a match to with a bit of electrical tape (pretty sure that is wrong for a real No. 3 Incendiary Bottle) and filled with cold tea or food colouring, and nobody is going to look at that and think "I wonder what production weapon that is".
I think with most of these it would be an all-weather match rather than the normal-looking one there; like I said, I can't find any information on it one way or the other but Pandofini's comment implied that the No 1 or 2 used a match like the Finnish ones did. I guess it could go in that potential "other weapons" page if we ever got one that was a decent mock-up of a real production model, though.

Basically my take on this is I don't think a glass-bodied grenade fundamentally doesn't qualify, but I don't think this one does because one ID is very weak (I can't verify that the No 1 / 2 used a match and I doubt it's the right kind of match anyway) and the other seems to be using a cigarette instead of an igniter.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 06-20-2013 at 10:40 AM.