View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged View Post
By poorly animated, it is meant that they rarely if ever were meant to represent something real.

All of the weapons in Goldeneye, and a fair number of weapons in Perfect Dark were meant to look like real world firearms.

If the pistol is a "unknown revolver" we don't need a page. If it's an attempt at a Ruger Blackhawk, then we should have a page.
Ive actually seen some good Firearms on the simpsons.

I recall that a Bank robber had a Fully Automatic Ruger Mini14 on one episode.
Marge had dual Glock18's with Extended clips while Homer took a Sawed Off Mossberg and an accurate portrayal of a Vulcan Minigun.
Ive seen M1911's even. Thompson submachine guns have been quite prominet too. And Ive seen VERY VERY VERY accurate M16A2/M16A1 models used by the SWAT team and Military.
When the Police draw there Revolver's most of the time we can Idenify them as a Smith and Wesson M&P/Model10.
Even if it was a bad page it was an Entertaining read, surely.
And remaking the page would be hard without screencaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I'm still not sure why the vehement hatred for "The Simpsons" or "Family Guy". Some of the guns in them were not very realistic and were too simple to be identified with real-world counterparts. But this wasn't always the case - Stewie's arms stash in "Lois Kills Stewie", for instance, clearly had XM8s, DShKs, Micro Uzis, and other recognizable weapons.
Thats so true.
And American Dad did quite well to.
Last Night I was watching it and Stan slept in bed with nice AKM.
And in the spice cupboard:
"Glock, 17 shots"
"Mac10"
"MP5"
"Paprika!"

Last edited by Ultraussie; 09-25-2009 at 03:52 AM.