View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
In the first terminator they had lazers and G3s. The new one 556, which is shown just bouncing off. A full sized gun as a BUG or held in ankle holsters seems stupid. A DEAG used by cops or military? Stupid. Dirty Harry firing a harpoon offhand? Theres a reason there mounted. A tactical 500 mag? Okay punisher...
All comes back to my point - no stupid guns, just STUPID USES FOR GUNS...

Besides, I wouldn't mind owning a couple of the Desert Eagles I've ever seen in movies (Predator 2 comes to mind...).

As for Terminator Salvation, a few things. One, the movie's set in 2018. Therefore, the assumption can be made that the plasma weapons and all that jazz hadn't quite been perfected yet. Two, AP rounds come in 5.56mm too. The movie may have did a poor job depicting that, but if I were John Connor, I'd have so much armor-piercing ordanance on me that my boots could have punched through 1/4 inch steel plates. Three, the Terminator he shot was significantly weakened (and rightfully so, considering it looks like he was a victim of a few strafes from one of those A-10s). You pound away at something long enough, and eventually you'll break through it...as was evidenced by the T-600 that attacked him after the base self-destructed. He needed about 30 rounds from a door-mounted M60 to drop THAT one (oh, by the way, there's your 7.62x51mm right there).