View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 11:18 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
I can't believe i didn't hear that "my war" line. That is just ridiculous.

I gotta get those two commentary tracks. They sound pretty cool. And Ace is more awesome the more i know about him. He is just such a simple kid. I love how after he says "Goddamm right he does!" to Barnes when they are interrogating the village elder, Ace looks like he regretted saying that. And what does Dale means about Ace like to muscle his way into scenes? Did he just liked to walk in scenes with no reason? Also, what does he says to Barnes before Barnes goes all anti-social on him and pushes him over the fence?

I really need to get those two Commentary tracks. It looks like Stone got an completely insane experience in Vietnam.

Also about the ARVN soldiers. An movie about ARVN draftees trying to defect could be a good comedy.
Most likely Ace wasn't suppose to say anything. Ace says Sergeant before he fell. Barnes didn't push him, he was walking behind him and tripped by accident. They left it in the film. Just like when Lt. Wolfe gave the wrong coordinates and Barnes is tearing his ass up, Wolfe puts his helmet on backwards.

The commentaries make it worth buying again. Both of them are very informative. Even Stone says it melodramatic at times.

A lot of the experience Sheen goes through, Stone went through.