View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 05:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
I actually like the rape scene. The only problem i have with it is adagio for springs and Kevin Dillon's silly ass accent.

I like that Oliver Stone wanted to show that the platoon was from all over the United States. The problem is, the actors in the movie can't use realistic accents to save their lives. They are all very silly and ridiculous. A good example is the village scene. Every time Ace or Berenger or anyone else with an Silly accent opens their mouths i laugh like an idiot. It ruins the scene for me. You either have good realistic accents or no accents at all.

There is also all the silly lines. The "Barnes been shot seven times! He ain't dead! That mean anything to you, uh?" and the "Barnes ain't mean't to die. The only thing that can kill Barnes is Barnes!" that line is so cheesy and silly i can't believe Stone liked it.

There is also all the uniform fuck ups. But that's for another thread.

Kevin Dillon is no great actor, he is great as Drama in Entourage though. I can actually tolerate his accent compared to some of the other butchered southern accents seen in films.

I didn't hear much of an accent coming from Berenger. Funny you mention Ace. Dale Dye says in the commentary that Ace liked to muscle his way into scenes. He laughed his ass off, when Ace tripped over the fence.

While the shot seven times line is silly. The silliest one I can think of "You don't tell me how to run my war Elias!" The real Barnes was shot in the head and survived. He recovered in Japan for 7 months and still went back out there. Stone said he was wounded six or seven times also. But I get what you mean about part of the line being silly "The only thing that can kill Barnes is Barnes!"