View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Stone wanted the different accents, since everyone in the platoon were from all over. I'm not sure what DVD you have, mine has two DVD commentaries. One by Oliver Stone, the other by Dale Dye who played Capt. Harris in the film. Dye was also the technical advisor for the film. If you listen to both of them you can see why that didn't do the commentary track together, they disagreed on things. The attempted rape (which Stone said he stopped in real life), smoking dope in the bush, etc. Not sure what you find silly about the film?
I actually like the rape scene. The only problem i have with it is adagio for springs and Kevin Dillon's silly ass accent.

I like that Oliver Stone wanted to show that the platoon was from all over the United States. The problem is, the actors in the movie can't use realistic accents to save their lives. They are all very silly and ridiculous. A good example is the village scene. Every time Ace or Berenger or anyone else with an Silly accent opens their mouths i laugh like an idiot. It ruins the scene for me. You either have good realistic accents or no accents at all.

There is also all the silly lines. The "Barnes been shot seven times! He ain't dead! That mean anything to you, uh?" and the "Barnes ain't mean't to die. The only thing that can kill Barnes is Barnes!" that line is so cheesy and silly i can't believe Stone liked it.

There is also all the uniform fuck ups. But that's for another thread.