View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyles View Post
As I'm sure you all know by now, I love little more than to talk about the various idiosyncracies of guns, more from a historical or trivial perspective than in terms of performance (Townsend Whelan said "Onlt accurate rifles are interesting", I disagree). And although I do enjoy contributing to the odd page and the forum, I'm not supremely interested in the film industry.

What I would at least somewhat like to do it write about classic guns for a gun magazine - more of a Man At Arms then a Guns and Ammo, though I'm a huge Garry James fan. Don't imagine there's much of a living in it, but frankly with my education and experience I can pretty much write my own ticket in several departments of the federal government, so it might be a fun side project.

Anyways, I'd like to practise and build up a portfolio, or at the very least kill some of my off time in the month and a half I have left in Afghanistan. So I'd like to start trying my hand at writing some articles on whatever subject strikes my fancy - sometimes it will be pre-1911 Colt Autos, sometimes it will be current small arms of the Canadian Forces.

Ideally I'd like to post these on the actual IMFDB site, just because that gives me more imagery and formatting to play with, but this is of course way outside the scope of the site. I'd like to ask permission to do so, otherwise I'll post here in the forum and maybe start a second photobucket account to handle the imagery I want to use. Any thoughts?
What if I set up a blog on the imfdb domain? A place where articles would look more like articles, and less like a collaborative wiki?

blog.imfdb.org?
imfdb.org/blog?