View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
The production company is liable for damage. The actor never sees ANY liability nor responsibility for their actions and rarely do their actions result in them being fired so there is NO INCENTIVE for them to act responsibly (except for an armorer yelling at time). Also production companies many times don't realize nor care that guns are rare or in pristine condition when they are used. This also goes for any historical item that is real (like gear or uniforms). Also the heads of the props/Art departments can be real penny pinchers.

"Oh! Its ridiculous to expect us to reimburse anything more than $50 for a destroyed Colt Single Action Army!!!"
Etc. Because many times they know nothing about guns and think I'm lying when I quote them the blue book value.

To be fair, the major studio productions are usually pretty good about paying replacement cost (PLUS punitive damages) but that's not the point. We all know there are guns we just can't replace so it really sucks when actors act like retards.
Something tells me this wasn't the first time it happened. I would expect bit more professional manner from actors when handling props for their roles, be it gun, suit or a pen. But actors can be really childish at times, be it Hollywood megastars or amateurs in their schoolmate's art project.