View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Reread the part in my post about how The Enemy Can be Closer than you Think, and how the label of "law-abiding citizen" is essentially a blank check. I don't know your personal criminal record if indeed you have one, but things can get worse much more easily than they can get better. It is not a crime to become an alcoholic, or to develop an anger/impulse control problem, or to develop a mental illness. But combining any of those conditions with easy accessibility to firearms makes the potential for maiming and lethalities all the more likely. That's why we need to start finding out who has and does not have a condition that will likely impair their judgement with a firearm better.
So, let me get this straight, in essence, in order to prevent the possibility of future crime, that I may or may not do, or that someone else may or may not do, then we have to pay a tax on property already bought and paid for?