View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 06:57 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
And Jesus Christ...if my local PD had cops who were as stupid as the ones you've dealt with, I'd want them fired ASAP.
Being ignorant as to the workings of a movie set doesn't mean you're dumb or incompetent. I know quite a few people who are lovely and smart people who don't know shit about filmmaking, and they have some of dumbest assumptions! hahahahaha

One can be a good COP (which is probably the most important thing) and not know a damned thing about movies. I just resent the 'assumption' by the lay public that being a Cop magically endows these people with knowledge of movie making and armoring films.

BTW: on a NON-Armoring story, I had a neighbor, a nice little old lady who was an extra in a movie. Two weeks later she told me that she was angry because she 'hadn't received her DVD of the movie she was in yet'. I was "Huh? You only filmed your scene on that production TWO WEEKS ago!" She was "Yes, shouldn't I get a copy of the movie by now?" I was: "Uh, it takes a LOT LONGER than two weeks to finish production, post production, distribution, etc. etc. Your film probably won't be out for a year." She said that sounded ridiculous..... Sigh, the things that the ignorant public DON'T know about film.