Thread: Anti Gun movies
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 08:55 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia View Post
"Lord of War opens with one of the most impressive and provocative credit sequences in recent memory. Adopting a point-of-view perspective, the camera follows a bullet from its manufacture in an American factory to various ports, then across the globe to a small African village where it is placed in the chamber of a pistol and shot through the skull of a young boy."
-AZRickD-

I was speaking for on the front that the US gets more blame on gun issues and that Nato is alway doing heavy pushing on small arms banning. Plus the movie fail to properly inform the mainstream audiences about the deeper issues.
This "AZRickD" obviously doesn't know jack shit about weapons, and was also clearly not paying attention and/or high during the movie. The bullet shown isn't made in an American factory, it's made in a RUSSIAN factory, and it's fired from an AK, not a pistol. Seriously, dude, why on Earth would you trust some retarded leftist critic more than you trust me?

I'm also not sure how this movie blames the U.S., aside from the fact that Yuri Orlov (Cage's character) manages to get off because he has sent arms to authoritarian regimes that also happened to be CIA allies. It is true that during the Cold War, the U.S. supplied weapons to militia groups that probably shouldn't have received them. The movie does make clear that the origin of most of the weapons is from unsecured stocks in the former Soviet Union, not the U.S.