View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 03:52 AM

It was a serious question, and you answered it. Now here's my reply.

I'm not "bitching or whining", I'm stating my case, that's all. I'll admit I was a little insulted when I didn't see my name, but my presence here has lowered some and on the surface it seems I don't do much here. If I'd had admin this whole time I would have more of a sense of duty and a saber to wave at other people if they're being unruly. As just another account holder here I either have to go through one of my friends to get certain things done (locking a page, getting people banned or disciplining less than reputable members).

As far as a page making resume goes though, building an entire page can take up a whole day (especially when you can't lock a page, something only admins can do) and renting or buying DVDs costs money. I don't usually have the time or money to build lots and lots of pages but I do little edits on the existing pages when I can, and I help others with their pages, and even that takes a lot of work. In other words, I don't think it's fair to judge someone's amount of productivity on the site solely on how many pages they have listed on their userpage. That's far too simplistic.

There are a dozen other factors, like micro-edits and fixing existing pages (what I usually do, and something we have talked about doing before making new movie pages in the first place), helping others with their pages, working on the gun pages, and helping with discussions and determining "unknown" guns. Not to mention there is a finite amount of movies we can add to the site, and if everyone decides to call out and stack pages, there isn't much left for people like me to do but what I would call "support work" like fixing their errors or determining guns.

I've been around here for a long stretch of time and I've done my part as well as I can with the personal constraints that I have, and when I see that people are being nominated based on (minus their character) one thing, the amount of pages they've built, I just don't see it as completely logical. Maybe on the surface but there are other things that people do that can't be tacked onto their user page.

Honestly I don't see how I came off as bitchy or whiny in the first place with my original post. I asked a simple question, and followed up with another legitimate question, and somehow that constitutes as "bitching and whining". I think that comes from you having a low opinion of me in some way. I'm sorry if you read my type and it immediately sounds like a bitching and whining in your head, but I don't think it's grounds to discredit me like you do. If I get admin, I get it, if I don't, I don't. I'm just illustrating why I think I should in the best way I can, and I'm even being a good sport about who is actually in the running. If you can't respect all this, or at least respond to me with less condescension, I don't think I can maintain the respect I have for you, Matt, and believe me I've got nothing but respect for you and all the senior members here.