View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 02:21 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
iI've actually heard the BS response that the photo looks like a manufacturer's pic, thus is fair game. I point out that it is NOT a manufacturer's pic, that IMFDB's pics are far SUPERIOR to most factory pics and per DCMA requirements, they can't steal it anyway.
Dunno how serious you're being, but put yourselves in the shoes of Billy Bob Average for a second. Do you really think most people can tell the difference between your pics and manufacturers' pics? And by most people, I don't mean me. I can tell the difference, and so can many other IMFDB members, but that's because we know you and we're familiar with your specific techniques.

And if somebody just searches for a gun name in Google Images, your pics are often the first to come up, especially when the weapons are rare or seldom-photographed. Most people who are just looking for a pic of the gun (i.e. the dude who did this advertisement) aren't going to pay much attention to where the image came from, let alone any rules that apply. (And unfortunately, we live in an era where most people think that if it can be found on Google, copyrights are irrelevant.)

As I have said, I can and will talk to Sovereign Guns' manager, if you want. Just give me an affirmative or negative. Please?

Last edited by MT2008; 02-09-2011 at 02:26 AM.