View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 05:00 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Point taken about the first situation. But I have read many articles about how cops can be taken surprised by a lone gunman. A really good gunman that can shoot faster than a cop drawing his pistol is a scary notion. If he's a psychopath, returning fire wouldn't phase him. To him, they'd just be moving targets.

The Kill Point was really a terrible show. Those guys were supposed to portray Marines. I knew Marines that would chew those guys up. No real military discipline at all. And really only one of them entered with a rifle and the rest with SMGs and a shotgun with no stock. Real Marines would have been smarter. I showed one of my Marine buddies this show and he laughed how it all fell apart. No back up plan, alternate escape routes. Just assuming the cops won't show up. He would have had his squad gone in with rifles, AKs or AR-15s because they were familiar with the weapons, body armor, tactical gear like in Heat. First responders would have been boned by overwhelming firepower and Marine Corp training. Sure when SWAT shows up, it'd be over, but the point of a bank robbery is brute force and swift action before the police could bring in the heavy stuff.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”