View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 06:21 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
An American adaptation? Like how Edge of Tomorrow was an Americanized version of All You Need is Kill?

The on-screen guns would be relatively easy to procure for a major studio, but who would play Rory Mercury? Given her relationship with the main character, I think it's likely that elements of her story would be toned down to appease the pro-censorship people.
I would say better than Edge of Tomorrow since that basically changed a lot of the characters from age and placement to adding their own little stupid story and then creating an ending to the war in the movie vs the war continuing in the original story.

Depending on what movie rating this could end up as, specific characters would have to be changed. I'd say get an actress that's young looking, can be charming and not token to the cast. If this was HBO, we could get away with using recent star power of actors. I can imagine Maisie Williams be Rory. She can definitely look young for the part. Though the real life prop of Rory's halberd needs to be smaller to be manageable

We could eliminate a few side characters to condense time and production, but I would rather have all the characters from the original represented.

If this was an HBO series, we could get away with sexual content to an extent and even blood guts and gore without much approval.

I'm really entertaining this idea based on how the anime was really lackluster when it came to portraying the action and violence.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 11-09-2017 at 07:05 PM.