Thread: Watchmen
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 09:20 PM
IMFDB Admin

You have to read the book first to enjoy it. Somethings I liked, some I didn't.

Cons:
For one, the film is much gorier than the book to the point were it can get kind of stupid. Dan and Laurie never killed anyone in the book, but in the movie they broke necks and stabbed people in the throats.

The swearing sometimes was forced just to warrant the R rating, since they never went further than the occasional "shit" in the book.

Rorschach is my favorite anti-hero along with the Punisher, and leaving out most of his story pissed me off. Still waiting on the Director's Cut DVD.

Malin Akerman is a piss-poor actress and brought down some scenes, made it hard for the other actors to work with.

Pros:
Fight scenes were very stylish and cool. Some were better than in the book.

Beginning intro was cool, summed up all the old technical stuff pretty well (probably confusing for people who never read the book though)

Rorschach's voice overs were almost word for word and Jackie Earl Haley was perfect for the role and looked and sounded exactly as I imaged Rorschach would.

I liked how they changed Rorschach's first killing. In the book he became Rorschach when he killed the dogs, instead they made him Rorschach when he killed the guy. It's more meaningful to go crazy killing a PERSON than a dog. "Men go to prison, DOGs get put down!" was a good line too.

I liked it and wasn't as dissapointed as I thought I'd be. Can't wait for the DVD.