View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
By the way the XDM 9mm has a 19+1 capacity I think do any other pistols on the market have that big of clip size without being modified?
The FN Five Seven comes standard with 20 round magazines, but the 5.7 x 28mm ammo is much more scarce and more expensive than the 9mm. Not to mention I would take an XDM any day of the week over the Five Seven. I do love FN, just not super crazy about the Five Seven or the 5.7 x 28mm cartidge.

I think the .40 is a great round, I think it's a great compromise between capacity and firepower between the 9mm and .45acp. I will tell you this though, even though I am a big fan of the .40S&W, I suggest going with the 9mm if you plan to mostly target shoot and don't have a ton of extra money to spend on ammo. 9mm costs way less and the more ammo you can afford the more practice you can get in and that's what is really important. Shot placement is everything so buy the cheaper ammo and keep practicing. Also the 9mm has enough knockdown power given proper shot placement, especially if you use +p ammo.