View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 05:30 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default New Rule: you can't make tons of new pages until you finish the ones you've made.

I am seeing some new members make new pages that are perhaps 15% done (at the most) in rapid succession. What irritates me is that they don't FINISH the pages that they've already made.

I don't want to see four or five new pages a week that are only partially done. Now I have to give them a little time to finish their pages, but it's irritating to see a BUNCH Of 15% done pages and then the member makes MORE NEW pages for stuff.

I still think we should stress that ultimately we want complete and thorough pages. New users should not be making multiple new pages and only partially completing them. Again, it shows a lack of professionalism.

Thoughts? I ask for input BEFORE I put in a rule specifically stating that members who create multiple new pages should complete the ones they create first.

How hard is that? I've seen PhoenixEnt and SpeakEasy804 put up 100% done pages from the get go! There's a huge difference between the experienced member who puts in complete pages on IMFDB and the noob who puts in tons of partial (and obscure) pages.