View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 05:10 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
I vote not to censor.

This is NOT up for a vote.
We maintain a professional standard in text and images (but mostly for nudity, not for gore so much) because people IN the industry use IMFDB as a scholastic resource, something which many OTHER sites cannot claim.

I have seen NEGATIVE response personally when very HIGH RANKING or important people in the industry happened upon a page where there was a lot of vulgar and profane idiocy (mostly by a single former member. No, not the one who was banned, but this member swore every other word). We are not here to look like we're a bunch of profane 14 yr olds.

Of course the valid question is: Does IMDB allow profane quotes? Yes, but IMDB is a behemoth with MILLIONS of users each day (and only 17 mods). There is too much of IMDB that is used for by industry professionals, the 'quotes' section is a very SMALL portion of the site's footprint. Note that PROFANITY is frowned upon in the 'reviews' section or the 'summary' section .... the sections that the general public sees first. Even in the message boards, you put in certain profane words, the software AUTOMATICALLY censors you. If you post too much swearing in your message, the Mods will delete your discussion board post.

Someone always (with regularity) comes up and complains that they can't swear on the main movie pages. I say, "too fucking bad"... those are the rules. Live with them.