View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:52 AM
commando552 commando552 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: England
Posts: 543

Originally Posted by 2wingo View Post
Are there ways for civilians to legally convert semi-automatic weapons to full-auto?
Sometimes, but it is very much dependent on the weapon in question. For example it can be done with an AR-15 if you have a RDIAS (Registered Drop In Auto Sear), along with putting in a full auto fire control group and bolt carrier. As with full auto guns, the sear has to have been made and registered before 1986, meaning that today they are very valuable, to the point where they go for about $20,000 for a 2cm long component that is physically worth only about $50. This can also be done with H&K weapons either by installing a registered sear or an entire registered trigger pack. I don't know if there are other guns that can be legally converted to full auto by changing parts, i think there are some drop in sears for MAC-10s, but heard that they are actually more expensive than just getting a registered full auto MAC-10.
Reply With Quote