Thread: Upcoming Tag
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 04:48 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmann08 View Post
I completely agree with both of you. "Incomplete" indicates that someone has not put in enough effort on the page and is definitely a negative thing. Its not really fair to slap an incomplete tag on something that isn't yet available on video since nothing more can be added to the page.

I recommend changing the text of the "upcoming" template so that it explains that this page is for a movie (or game) that is not yet available for screen capping. I can also throw in a optional release date attribute. So for example using just {{upcoming}} would display the normal template with the new updated text, while using {{upcoming|7/15/12}} would add a line to the template saying that this piece of media is set for release on July 15th, 2012. That way if say August 1st rolls around and nothing has been added to the page, THEN we can switch it to an "incomplete" tag. Sound good?

-Z
That only problem is that the home video release date might not be known that far in advance. It's easy enough to check online. DVDs are released on Tuesdays, so you'd only have to check once a week.