View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 07:06 PM

Whether or not to do immediate or remedial action seems to be preferential though. It's the difference between spending 3 seconds to perform an action to solve one or two problems, or a few more seconds to perform an action that will solve nearly all problems one could conceivably have. More importantly though, at the end of the day, one has to worry about fixing their gun, and if they choose to go one way or the other, the only thing that makes that a bad decision are the semantics of the situation, and the jam itself (which is unknown).

Having had a majority of jams with the guns I've fired that either required remedial action, or a simple lovetap on the back of the slide, I've come to A: not rely on tap rack bang, and B, check my gun to see what the problem is before acting. I assess what the problem is and tackle it. I don't robotically train myself to do one or two things every time my gun stops assuming it may fix the issue, I train myself to analyze the problem and act accordingly so I KNOW the problem will be fixed. I personally think, even if a split second slower, it's better to act on knowledge than acting on a hope and a training scar.

To stay relevant, if the guy in commando's picture were to go tap rack bang, he may fix the problem, sure. He may force a double feed and have to go remedial too. If he takes half a second to check that he's got a round half chambered, he can tap the slide and be back in business, granted the round is live.

I'm surprised you don't consider this logic, Excalibur, as it's right out of the Magpul DVDs and it makes more sense than robotics.