View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 07:21 PM

"Go somewhere cold, because the zombies would freeze."

Bah, on the serious tip, honestly not in great shape for any real 'shit-hitting-the-fan' scenario right now, but I plan to remedy that over time (hopefully sooner rather than later). Got some bare-bones basics like keeping some water and first aid supplies and shit but not much more than that. That said, happy you brought this up, as I like to absorb as much as I can on this kind of deal and always seems to be something different/new to find out.

Anyway, my close family is pretty good-sized and we all live close, so got ready unwavering numbers there. Also a few other folks that will definitely stick with us, too. Not a whole lot in the way of real survival knowledge but none of us are dumbasses - I think we could improvise pretty well. My old man especially - Good to have a mechanical/electrical genius. Also good to be raised by one.

My brother has a nice semi-isolated ranch not a ways from here where we'd probably meet and hole-up for a time - He lives near a village where he gets water but has a well, also over the last year got some egg-laying chickens and a began a bit of a garden. Not much but something.

I might yak some more and work up some kind of actual 'list' later but one thing I'll mention is having good old-fashioned maps around for the region that show terrain, if not waterways. Can't rely on Google.