View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 04:02 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
I sorta got the vibe, mainly from the scene where he rolls his eyes as the Alpha Company guys go all moto, that while he was proud of his service, he wasn't all "Semper Fi. Do or Die. Oorah." about it.

A common enough thing, especially if we suppose the guys with Tanner were retreads whose combat service as PFCs and LCpls was in Gul War I and then by the time of Gulf War II they were SNCOs, it is entirely possible they never had to fight insurgents at the street level like Matt did. Thus, giving them an entirely different view of war and thier Marine service.
And like I said, I disagree because the Marines I've come across are mostly young. One I've known since high school. Yeah when they are back in the civilian world, they act pretty tame for the most part but when they are among other Marines, they get really loud and proud about being in the corp. Tanner is the old Marine in the group, but the other 2 aren't that old, especially the Asian guy so there's no way all 3 of them are Gulf War vets. Tanner only confirmed himself as retired.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”