View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 06:23 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
About "shooting through doors"--I'm sure that the Oscar Pistorius case has alerted many to that fact if they didn't know it already. And yes, these killers often seem so blinded by rage they don't know what to do when stopped by a locked/barricaded door. The Isla Vista shooter had the brains to write a 100-page-plus manifesto, but had no idea what to do other than resort to shooting people on the street when the building he most wanted to enter was locked (as he should have known it would be).
Having read some of the manifesto I think it's more narcissistic personality disorder + autism + persistence than brains, he comes across as a pretentious idiot who's been educated above his level of intelligence but still can't hide he's 99 cents short of a quarter. Most of the 100+ pages isn't his "manifesto," it's him relating stories of his attempts at getting laid that make Chris-Chan look like Shaft.

You have to remember that these people do not think like normal people. The shooting is about them becoming a god to the puny insects. imagining the puny insects might act to preserve their own safety would undermine the reasoning that lets them think it's ok to be shooting at them in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Still, the door-breaching ability of shotguns isn't that hard to find out about, and relatively simple to perform with widely-available tools. Haven't there also been reports of gang members going undercover and joining the US military to get military training to use in crime as well? That's another source
That's mostly Mexican gangs IIRC (there's a lot more call for gunmen down there and a lot more money in it), but I don't think shotgun breaching of doors is a big part of standard soldier training. And re: widely available tools, you might as well just bring a hammer, axe or drill, which have the benefit of being much easier to get hold of and not requiring ammunition.