View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:52 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
That is why I like to screen-cap movies with older firearms such as The Ghost and the Darkness and Crossfire Trail. I find that most fan boys aren't interested in older firearms so they stay away.

But we all make mistakes. MPM2008 corrected an error I made on The Stand when I screen-capped it. I identified a Mossberg 590 Mariner as a Winchester Model 1300 Marine. Whoops. But he stepped in and fixed it. Quietly and without being an ass about it. Gracias.

If I see something that isn't correct I always try to include some info explaining why I changed something. I'm big into firearms and I also own many many books about firearms. That helps when I make a correction.

But i have come across some "corrections" that are just amazingly moronic.
I corrected your error WITHOUT rubbing your face in it? Whoops, missed that one LOL I must admit that everyone gets a little 'punchy' when we've corrected a lot of errors. At least you've seen some of the "Corrections" that 'drive by" members do that are either sloppy or misinformed.

I recently got irritated when some new unknown member changed a bunch of pages by renaming the gun, but the manufacturer didn't make that name change until a certain year, so he is wrong by renaming all the entries for that weapon before the year of the name change. Arghhhh. I can see where he 'got his information' (he looked it up on the mfg website, which of course only lists CURRENT models, not older ones).

Anyway, anyone can make ANY change to any page, but that person MUST be right. People only get mad when the change is wrong. Seriously. Anyone can correct any info I put out as long as it's correct. I've been corrected in the past and we all build on our body of knowledge by absorbing new and correct data.