View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
The recoil looks suprisingly controlable on full auto
While some self proclaimed "experts" will tell you that a 7.62X51mm NATO weapon is "uncontrolable" on full auto. Years of having friends with both training and experiance in shooting such weapons tells me something else. The fact of the matter is that with 7.62mm firearms they take a higher level of training that a 5.56mm weapon. Observation of people using such weapons tells me that when shooting at 100m(in which distance 80% of combat takes place) a 7.62mm weapon is just as accurate as a 5.56mm weapon when fired in controled bursts. The real problem is that proper firearms training takes time and a very large budget. Take the SAS pistol techniques for example, they take two weeks of constant training and 2,500 live rounds of ammo. To train a member of the now disbanded 14th Intelligence company they used up 25,000 rounds per person to qualify them on the G3KA4,the HK53, the MP5K, the browning High Power and the Walther PPK. Trust me when I say that that is expensive no matter how you look at it.

Those DSA employees demonstraighting the weapons are the sorts of guys who make their living shooting such weapons and as such know the weapons like the backs of their hands and they probably shoot more ammo in a week than most people shoot all month.