View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 12:00 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
ANOTHER Law and Order? We've already got Original Flavor, UK, Trial By Jury, LA, Criminal Intent, and SVU, which is still on. Sure, it would give another half-dozen actors a few decades of steady work, but why would you want to and where would you put it? NYC is kinda full, CSI has Vegas, LA has enough shows. Law and Order DC? Law and Order Newark? Law and Order Episode VIII: The Hunt for Even More Lawyers? L&O Episode IX: Dick Wolf is God of TV?

Also, why can't Netflix get all 50-odd seasons of all the L&Os?
All but SVU and UK have been cancelled. Since the show is plot-driven, you can keep costs low by replacing actors whenever they get too expensive, and since everything is "ripped from the headlines," the show stays fresh. Filming in NYC also gives the show a steady pool of theater talent for guest spots. And it's not like NBC doesn't like working with Dick Wolf, he's got THREE SHOWS with the network.

Either way, if they made Law & Order: Tulsa, I'd watch it.

(And I have no idea why Netflix stopped at Season 8 for L&O. The show's been gone for over three years, and they haven't budged. And it's not like they're on another service like Hulu or Amazon, it's just not available.)