Thread: Colt M2011
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 01:53 AM

I dreamed up my own concept of the 2011 pistol. It was a fusion of the MEU SOC line and the Beretta M9 in that it featured an open slide design like the Berettas, but at it's heart it was still a 1911. It was chambered for 10mm Auto, and had Novak sights, a Commander hammer (the real ones, not the big ones they make today), a picatinny rail, a beveled mag well and extended working parts for better one handed use (slide stop, safety etc.) It was designated for a Special Forces group that had to help Russian military personell fight a small unit of Ex-KGB agents and descedants. I had a drawign of it somewhere but God knows where it is.

As far as a tangible 2011 pistol, we have enough 1911 style pistols, I don't think anyone, especially a broke company like Colt will bother with the hundredth anniversary gun. All they make that's good now are the SAAs and the Series 70s. The only real way there can be a 2011 is if they do something like my idea, fuse a separate concept that's new to the 1911 family with a 1911 pistol, changing something, but still leaving it the venerable 1911 pistol at the core.

Also I just got my comp back yesterday and it feels good to be back. Did ya miss me? I know you did, it's okay. Heheh.