View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 09:39 PM

Well, I still don't have the PTRD - once it comes I'll explain all the hoops I had to jump through to get it. In the meantime, here's some guns I haven't posted before:

I finally got my Chamelot-Delvigne Mle. 1873 cleaned up. When it arrived it was covered in surface rust from years of neglect - not surprising on a gun that was issued in the white. An afternoon's worth of work with CLR and 0000 steel wool and it's looking presentable again. No finish to be destroyed and there was very little pitting under the rust.

I also received my Canadian-contract Smth & Wesson Military & Police in .38 S&W. I already have a wartime Lend-Lease pre-Victory with the 5" barrel, plain grips and US markings, but this is a pre-1941 contract gun out of commercial production. It has the 6" barrel, chequered grips and deep bluing. This was Canada's main service pistol during WW2 until Hi Power production caught up in 1945 - we never actually used the British .38 Enfield.

In case anyone noticed the lesser quality background than usual, it's because my barrack box and army blanket are already being shipped to Afghanistan.