Thread: About this site
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1morey View Post
We shouldn't just put in guns, if there is any bows, knives, swords, misc. objects, etc that was used, they should be put onto the list in proper categories
You aren't the first person to suggest this and, in all probability, won't be the last, but it'll be rebutted just the same. The site is called Internet Movie Firearms Database for a reason. Very rarely do we make exceptions for bladed or traditional weapons (Rambo's knives and bow fall under this exception) and I'd vote a definite NO on improvised melee weapons.

Quote:
*Game Title*

1. Usable Weapons
1. Firearms
2. Bladed Weapons
3. misc. objects (unconventional weapons)
4. Multiplayer weapons (Weapons only available in multiplayer)
5. Anachronistic Weapons
6. Mock Ups

2. Circumstantial Weapons (Weapons that under normal circumstances are not available to the player (that means if a gun is available only through cheats or glitches it goes here, or if a weapon is used by a character or enemy that can't be used by the player))
1. Firearms
2. Bladed Weapons
3. Misc objects
4. Anachronistic Weapons
5. Mock-Ups (Guns that are just dressed up versions of real-life weapons)

3. Fictional Weapons (to Appease some people (especially in movies where the weapons used are fake)
I'd be against this kind of organization, as it's includes a bunch of unnecessary categories. I prefer our current system of organizing guns by type (pistol, rifle, machine gun, etc.). Easier to navigate.

We also have a rule against the inclusion of fictional guns in that if it isn't based off an existing real world design, it's not permitted on IMFDB.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman