View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 06:16 PM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
Not up to me, but I think if a page is properly formatted and lists all the guns in the film/series/game with a description of when/where they occur and who uses it I think it can have a page. Besides, there is always the possibility that someone will add shots of the game, and it is a lot easier to drop in screenshots than to build a page from scratch. If an incomplete page isn't embarrassingly poor (e.g. "A guy has a Beretta") I say let it stay.
The issue is with what I like to call "Drive By Creations", which is where some random person comes along and half asses a page for some obscure movie/show/game that no one else has ever heard of. Then after making like 10 edits the guy disappears and never returns. Meanwhile the page just sits there...

Pages that are properly formatted but are just lacking screenshots are fine by me. In fact, I have setup a new thing on the site that posts a message to new users after they first login. Part of that message encourages them to check out the incomplete pages to see if they can help. (We have disabled new account creation at the moment but Bunni and I are working on implementing new spam filters. Once that is done we will turn account creation back on.)

I want to stress again, this is NOT a one-size-fits-all solution. All that this means is that if a page has been marked as incomplete for 6 months, an admin will be able to distinguish it from pages that have recently been marked as incomplete. Then, at their discretion, they can decide that either "this page is still incomplete but its formatted correctly and is still useful so lets keep it" or "this page is severely lacking and really doesn't reflect a good effort so lets get rid of it".