View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 06:48 AM

Some more "gay antiques"... I've also started picturing the handguns with appropriate original rounds from my cartridge collection.

I'm sure you don't need me to identify this for you. It's a Colt M1911A1, made by Colt in 1943, one of a few that were mistakenly serial numbered in the range assigned to Remington Rand. It's pictured with a 1918-vintage two-tone magazine it somehow ended up paired with, and a 1942-dated British military .45ACP round.

Also likely needing no explanation, this is a Canadian Inglis Hi Power (No.2 Mk.I), 1st series, made in 1944. I'm issued one just like it at work. You can recognise an Inglis by the humped rear sight. It's pictured with a 1943 dated Canadian made 9mm cartridge.

This is a German-issued Radom pistol, made in Poland under German occupation. The Poles called it the wz.35, the Germans P.35(P), which I think is more correct for a German issued gun. Great guns, actually - reliable, accurate, and somewhat unique. Have a decocking lever, but a single action only trigger - works pretty well. This one was made about 1942, when the finish was degrading but none of the mechanics had been changed. It's pictured with a German DWM 9mm cartridge made in the 30s.

This is an Austrian-made Steyr 1911 pistol, made in 1912 as part of a contract for the Chilean army. These are neat pistols - top loaders with a fixed magazine, firing a 9 x 23mm cartridge slightly more powerful than the 9mm Luger. They have somewhat odd ergonomics, but they're surprisingly accurate and reliable. This one is pictured with a full stripper clip of 1916 dated Austrian ammo.