View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 09:02 PM
IMFDB Admin

1) Guns going *click* instead of locking empty on the last shot.

2) Guns blatantly ignoring their ammunition capacity. It's even worse when it's a revolver...

3) People being thrown off their feet or launched 10 feet across the room when hit by the mighty shotgun, .50 cal, .45 pistol, etc, etc.

4) No recoil. Personal pet peeve.

5) Actors with obviously no gun training manage to kick ass on an endless number of goons, many of which look like they actually do know how to use guns (I'm talking about you Commando!)

6) Just having the main character have poor gun training period.

7) When someone does a mid-mag reload and they drop one mag, load another, and rack the slide despite the round in the chamber. This is shown in The Punisher '04 (we see the brass ejecting too) and in Vantage Point (they don't show brass) I'll be fixing up Vantage Point soon, after I finish with my Leon screencaps. I'll be sure to note this on the page.

8) Horrendous flinching by actors using guns, especially if they're supposed to be badasses with guns. I'll admit, I blink when I'm shooting real rounds, but blanks... no. The anticipation of recoil is what causes the blink, but actors fear the fireball and bang.

9) When actors have poor stances and grips yet shoot better than I do. BS.

10) Bad trigger discipline. How hard is it to remember to not put your finger on the trigger? I'm still in awe of the fact all my friends I'm training still touch the trigger.

11) When so called "SWAT" members are flagging each other with their muzzles, breaching rooms with no tactical plan or anything (it makes it easier for them to all get destroyed I suppose), and handling their weapons like baboons. It's ridiculous.

I can't think of any more, and the 1911 hammer down things is always annoying to see, but the quote I put on the main page for the movie Phonebooth explains that pretty well.