View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 02:11 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Also, regarding the question asked by many people, "Can I be a liberal/Democrat and still like guns?"

The answer is of course. I personally know plenty of people who own guns (even AKs and ARs) but mostly disagree with conservatives and Libertarians on just about everything else - including abortion, gay marriage, foreign policy, Healthcare, etc. But if you DO consider yourself a liberal and a pro-gunner, I would hope that at least you're willing to break with the Democrats and stand up for us if push comes to shove.

One thing I will say...I've frequently had debates with other gun owners (who ARE very conservative) and who blame my generation for everything wrong with America, including gun laws. But the thing is, while people my age are, admittedly, much more liberal on social issues than previous generations, I don't think we're as liberal on gun control.

I've even argued my theory that the popularity of first-person shooter games amongst people from my generation is part of the reason why a new AWB in this country is impossible, though I get for that.