View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 06:24 PM

Here's a question. Is it possible to be a gun lover/enthusiast/collector and NOT be viewed as a hawkish, paranoid, politically-minded individual?

I hate picking up gun or military/LE related magazines because the cover looks decent and then throwing it down in disgust 20 pages in because a good portion of the book to that point has been half-interested in the topic of discussion and more interested in throwing political jabs at anyone disagreeing with them (S.W.A.T. Magazine has been really bad at this over the last year). I mean, if I wanted to read about why I shouldn't have an ounce of care for Barack Obama, I'll turn on Fox News (by the way, if you ever catch me watching Fox News for more than 30 seconds without a look of stupidity-induced hilarity across my face, then please dear God, notify the proper authorities immediately). But since that's not why I picked up the magazine, please refrain from such and continue to tell me about the metropolitian SWAT team who just procured a bunch of new SCAR-Ls, please.