View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
Well forgive me for saying this, but you must of had lousy legal representation if everything you have related is actually true.
Seeing as I represented myself in that trial, yes.

As far as suing people, not worth it. I was never charged with anything because of any of that, and after going through a torturous litigation process once already because of an auto collision, I decided I didn't have the time or energy to take on "the man" for what amounted to a few personally insulting inconveniences.

Having my car searched actually got me out of a ticket one time, the officers spent 10 minutes searching for the methamphetamine they were oh so sure I had only to get a call to do some real law enforcing before they had a chance to write me up for speeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
However if you are not an American citizen (and live in another country beside the U.S.A.) ,or you are an American citizen, but living in another country, then I will readily aknowledge that it's different and everything I just said is null and void? Is that a possibility?
Every once in awhile "craziest police video" type shows will have a segment focusing on riot police in some backwards absurdistan such as Thailand or Belarus. Watching those clips reminds me how good we have it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher

Even the supposedly egalitarian and progressive European Union is lightyears behind us in terms of due process.

Last edited by BurtReynoldsMoustache; 08-20-2010 at 06:44 PM.