View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I never understood why people hate cops, it always a reason like "they found my crack and its unfair" or "Why am i being arrested, other people steal more than I did." Police have a hard job. Im looking to become a police officer (im 20 now, most departments hire at 21, even with my degree and military background.) I know many police officers who are the most honest people I know and daily put them selves in danger for people who they dont know.
I don't hate the police, I don't even dislike them. But to sit and wonder why there are people who do hate the police is incredibly naive and ignorant. From my own personal experience I've been handcuffed and searched without probable cause, had my property searched without probable cause or warrant even after exercising my right to refuse search, threatened with arrest for exercising that right, I've been lied to about my rights even after I demonstrated that I knew them, accused of being a drug addict, I've had two completely false traffic citations written against me, and during the trial for one of them the officer committed perjury resulting in a conviction.

Then there are the horrible experiences I'm lucky enough to not have had to go through, the beatings, the midnight military style raids on family homes (some times at the wrong address), unnecessary and often sadistic use of less lethal devices on nonviolent suspects, mass arrests of law abiding citizens at publicly permitted events.

Are all cops like this? No. Are most cops like this? Not even close. But one bad apple ruins the whole bunch in the court of public opinion.