Thread: 1911 Page
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 08:45 PM
IMFDB Admin

I think the way the page should be split is as "Colt Variants" and then "Other Variants" which can have sections for guns like Kimber saying something like "For Kimber manufactured 1911 variants see here" or something, and also have the guns that don't warrant a different page be listed there.

Another page that a similar thing could be done for is the AK-47 page as that is pretty long as well.

The M16 page is a bit different though, with the majority of the space on the page being taken up by standard Colt variants (or guns listed as standard Colt variants due to the impossibility of telling Colt rifles apart from the hundreds of companies that make outwardly identical rifles). Maybe it could be split up into types like a page for M16 rifles and a page for carbines (maybe with the M4 having its own page, I don't know). There are a few random listing on the M16 page which I don't think need to stay, such as the "AR-15 Carbine" (don't really know what this is meant to refer to but assume it actually belongs in the "Colt AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine" section judging by the picture), and the DEA carbine which is only used in an ineligible reality show. Non Colt variants could be put on their own pages as their are only a few.