View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
The barrels are interchangeable and the mainspring house with the slots are interchangable. Nothing is perminant, it is just a fun way to change up the 1911 if I get bored of missing targets.

BTW, I planned to put the nickel comp on the Cara gun and refinish "gladys" as a display piece. I'll put all original M1911 parts on it and reblue it with milspec. It won't be original but it will look nice. I never planned on selling it anyway.

The compensator is actually quite different from the Punisher '04 style, because those were two cut comps that threaded to the front of the barrel. Mine are three cuts that replace the barrel bushing completely. Makes the slide a little heavier but it still functions fine.

And why a Colt slide? My dad has plenty handy, I'm using what I have to work with. And I like Colt, I trust them and they work.
hey that's all cool man, those are just my opinions, and you know what they say about opinions. And a Colt slide, simply because then you would definitely be able to call it a Cara, you know? And I do realize that the Comps. are different, but it's overall look somewhat resembles the Punisher Colts, you see what I was trying to say?