View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 04:52 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
The g20 is actually somewhat popular. But hey, just because a guns popular doesn't mean it will be in movies.
The issue is how reliable the gun is when blanked. It took armorers decades to figure out how to make .45 ACP 1911s work reliably with blanks, which is why 9mm copies (like the Star Model B and Colt Mark IV Series 70) were often used as stand-ins whenever the guns were actually fired.

Not sure how reliable 10mm is when blanked, but remember that Don Johnson's Bren Tens used in Miami Vice were all re-chambered to shoot .45 ACP blanks, both because 10mm blanks were non-existent and because it would have been difficult to make them work. I would guess the same problem applies to the Glock 20, which is why I wouldn't expect to see any of them in movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I see on the cz-75 page its been in a grand total of 8 movies. That is a popular gun. Then you see common gangsta thugs pulling out a new m92 fs when they should be drawing a hi point or lorcin.
Without disparaging the site...looking at IMFDB's gun pages is a poor way to tell. Especially since our gun pages are often incomplete due to the lack of cross-indexing (an issue that MPM has drawn our attention to). Click on the various pictures of CZ-75s that we have, and see how many pages they appear on. That's at least a better way to get an idea of how many movies a gun might have been in. But even then, far from complete.

I imagine the CZ-75 is much more common in movies made in Eastern Europe because the armorers in those countries would have more of them in inventory (I've seen a handful of war movies filmed in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, and Hungary that use them).