View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 03:12 AM

I don't think any particular country's AK kits or parts are much better than any others really, sheerly because it's the AK design, and it's hard to fuck it up. I'm not personally a fan of Romanians, but I know guys who have and love them (for me it's Century's quality control). That being said, I asked originally because I was looking at a Vector Arms AKMS Underfolder for a really good price (which I lost due to a dating conflict) and a Bulgarian SLR100 down the street. The latter is still available, and I've checked the gun and it looks pretty solid. These particular Bulgarians are buot with Hungarian parts kits and internals, so it's an AK you'd approve of wrapped in the receiver of one you wouldn't. Most if not all AKs are parts guns and when it comes down to it, they are all just as tough as the next one, or that's the way I feel. My concern was originally if the weight was justifiable by the added reliability, and the answer is no, but not because the gun is heavy, but because they are all reliable ass AKs. Long story short, I think I'm gonna save for this Bulgarian.