View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:31 PM

Kay, I guess k9870 wants to see, and I wanted Excalibur to see my friends P-01, so posting time.

This last Friday, my friends Weasel and Mik from Washington, my friend James and myself found ourselves with a lot of guns to fire, ammunition to load, gear to test, shooting drills to try and several hours of daylight to burn, so the new Washingtonians came back down to Oregon and we got it all done.

After warming up on bullseye targets with our 9s, the U22 NEOS (Mik's), the Walther P22 and the Taurus Tracker in .17 HMR (Weasel's), we set up some of the IDPA patterned targets on the prototype target stands we used (both items made by Weasel). Targets worked, stands didn't, so they need to be redesigned, but we managed with them for the day. Here they are clearly in this shot, along with me randomly strutting in a very haters gonna hate like fashion.

We began the tactical type shooting with some Mozambique Drills. For those of you who are not familiar with the drill, it's basically firing a double tap to center mass, analyzing your target, and then firing a well aimed shot to the head, and for our purposes, we did so until our mags were empty. We all shot a couple mags individually, and then we tried it competitively, myself and Weasel going head to head first.

Gear in check, and then... GO!

Absolutely excellent shot, very clear, and not one, but two casings mid-flight. After scoring, I soundly beat Weasel, but he was shooting a brand new gun (CZ 75 P-01) he had no previous training on, and it was shooting really low for whatever reason, not only for him, but for me too. He then practiced on some cans to figure out his POA (Point of Aim for newbies) to get a good POI (Point of Impact).