View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 04:02 AM
IMFDB Admin

I have no dog in this fight, and believe me, it's hard not to take it personally when people start making changes on a page you work hard on.

That being said.

From the rules comes this:

Quality take priority over bragging rights. A better quality screenshot can be uploaded over one of lesser quality. Blu-Ray images or high quality DVD images are preferable over standard definition images or older (lesser quality DVD) images.

Technically, Gunman69's screencaps do appear to be a little brighter and slightly better than yours. Now, you are well within your rights to edit your own pics to make them better, but technically, (per the rules) ANY PAGE on IMFDB can have their images replaced by better pics. The arguments are always whether or not the images are actually better or not. That's where the subjectiveness comes in. Others can chime in on this matter, hopefully.

Now I am not sure about any content changes, but if a single member did most of the work making a page, other members should only make changes that are absolutely necessary. Fixing Typos, removing Spoilers, clarifying grammar, those are all 'protected and encouraged actions per IMFDB rules'. But simple word tweaking in which the 'new version' and the 'old version' have no clear advantage, stick with the old.

Thoughts from anyone else?