View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I've just recently test fire my G43 and it runs like a champ. Doesn't feel too small to handle and the recoil of the 9mm in a small frame isn't overwhelming to make good shots at close range, which is the intended purpose of this gun.
But does it shoot as well as an all metal double stack compact?

Yes. In a world where micro carry guns are proliferating and everyone is shifting to smaller guns for carry, I stuff a P228 into my pocket every day. The gun is a 1991 P228 with a K-Kote slide and an SRT installed. It was worn when I got it so I won't mind it getting carry wear, and the coating makes it more rust proof than a standard old school SIG slide. It's been about two months and I see no reason to switch back to pocket carrying my Model 60. The P228 barely fits in my pocket with a Remora holster, but it does fit, and the holster breaks up the print enough to where it doesn't look like a gun at all.

Finding a way to carry 2 mags was the harder part of the ordeal really. I ended up just using my oldest mag pouch, a Bianchi Accumold 7302. It looks so generic and boring that it could pass for a tool pouch of some sort. My shirt has come up countless times to where it's visible and no one has acknowledged it or said anything, and I deal with people up close all the time at my current job. People are really too preoccupied with their own lives to notice your gear, not to mention they would have to know what it is in the first place. I really like knowing that I have a far more capable setup than my previous one, and one better than probably 99 percent of CCers in this harsh unforgiving Florida swamp climate.