View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 02:04 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
Another thing I'd like to add. Do we really need this website open to anybody and everybody? It seems new releases are dealt with fairly quickly, all the great gun movies have been done already, and all that's left are foreign films and non-action movies with one or two incidental appearances of firearms. (Like a scene with police officers or a hunting rifle on a wall.) Yes we need foreigners if we want to be thorough with foreign films. But unless somebody can really wow us with a sudden influx of 80 million complete screencapped captioned bollywood action film pages, there really is no benefit to allowing 60 trolls in for every one dude from Pakistan or Guatemala who pops in to add a single photo and leave.

If this sounds like too much work, just increase the number of admins. I nominate...everyone on this board who is a senior member and is not me.
To put it bluntly...No, no, and HELL no. This isn't just a web site; it is a Wiki. The entire idea of Wikis is that they're intended to be open to as many people as possible, in order to take advantage of the collective knowledge of everyone online who cares about the topic.

Also, just because we've had a few problems with "foreigners" lately does not mean that we're going to block them all out. You are encouraging a ridiculous (dare I say retarded) over-reaction to a minor problem, which would only introduce a host of new problems for those of us who are Admins. And as for increasing the number of Admins; in order to become an Admin, a person has to have contributed a substantial body of work (all matching our quality criteria) before they can be nominated.

We don't need to start implementing Soviet-style bureaucratic control every time we have a couple users who give us problems. And personally, I'd prefer that people stop suggesting this kind of shit whenever we do.